Foster Parent Training and Support
The Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter is eager to support foster families throughout our area. In fact, many of these families now care for and support the children we’ve come to know personally. The NWACS aims to support foster families by providing the following:
- Trauma-informed trainings at no cost
- Trainings in a variety of locations in Benton, Carroll, Madison and Washington counties
- Certificates of completion to foster parents for continuing education credits
- Availability for contact after the date of the training for additional support and transfer of learning
- Snacks and drinks (and meals when possible) to ensure a comfortable experience
The NWACS wants to ensure that families feel equipped to understand and meet the needs of children and adolescents who have experienced maltreatment, multiple placements and early trauma.
The next training date will be posted by Friday, December 21st. Please stay tuned to this page and to the NWACS Facebook page for updates.
For questions or additional information, please contact Adam at (479) 795-2417 ext. 303 or firstname.lastname@example.org