Even though the children in our care are here because the state of Arkansas has placed them here, the reimbursement we receive from the state currently covers only about 20 percent of our operating costs. We depend on our community to provide the other 80 percent.
Here are a few of the many different ways you can make a positive difference in the lives of children in crisis:
Your support of the Children’s Shelter means the difference between providing only the basic needs such as shelter and food, and a place where the abused and neglected children in our community are nurtured and given the innovative services they need to help them succeed.
We appreciate and need your support throughout the year. Unrestricted donations received from individuals and businesses are crucial to the Children’s Shelter and allow us to provide high-quality care and services for the children we serve. The most important thing we provide the children is the care and nurturing given by our highly trained staff. It is this care that gives the children a measure of hope and helps them begin the healing process.
Your support makes this possible.