The mission of Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter is to provide a safe haven, high-quality care and hope for the future to children who have been abandoned, abused or neglected. How can you help and make a difference? Listed below are several opportunities and ways in which you can support the Children’s Shelter and provide hope for a brighter future for the children we serve.
Did you know that we only receive approximately 25 percent of our annual operating budget from the state? Which means we simply couldn’t survive without the outstanding financial support provided by our community! Each year, donations from friends like you help to ensure we can continue to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of children in our care. A gift of any amount can help transform a child’s life and help to provide hope for a brighter future. We thank you in advance for your consideration and support!
Your in-kind donations are a valuable resource that helps reduce our daily operating costs and supplies much-needed items and activities for the children we serve. Currently, we have very limited storage space and staff to process clothing donations, therefore we are asking donors to limit gently used donations to items identified on our current needs list.
DECEMBER NEEDS LIST as of 12/26/17
– Young men’s/men’s T-shirts/Shirts (S, M, L)
– SHORTS and Pants 16-18, 30-32”, men’s S, M, L
– Pants – sz. 6, 7, 8
– Shoes: sz. 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
– Long sleeve shirts – sz. 6, 10-12, 14-16
– Pants/jeans – sz. 6, 7, 8 URGENT NEED
– T-shirts/sleep shirts/PJs sz. – 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16
– Shorts/sleep shorts/PJs sz. – 6, 8, 10, 12
– Teen, XL winter PJs
– Women’s sz/ 4-8 underwear
-Heavy coats & jackets (adult sizes)
– Body wash URGENT NEED
– Conditioner URGENT NEED
– Paper towels
– New Carseat Carriers (w. carrying handle) URGENT NEED
– Copy paper
– Plastic spoons and forks
– RID or similar chemical lice shampoo.
– Nitrile exam gloves – L
-2oz portion cups
-Shower curtain liners
-DMQ floor cleaner
Walmart Wish List:
You can also click the link below and shop/ship directly to the Shelter: Walmart Wish List-NWACS
- Become a committee member: contact our development team for more information email@example.com.
- Volunteer individually or as a group! Contact Devin Boggs Riley, Manager of Volunteer Services for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org 479.795.2417, ext. 315.