Make a Difference in a Child’s Life!
- Spending time with the kids – From bike rides to basketball games — the sky’s the limit! Come play and let the kids be kids!
- Work behind the scenes – This could involve landscaping work, organizing donations, or planning group activities for the kids.
- Volunteer at events or fundraisers – We have 3 major events and several fundraisers throughout the year.
All volunteers who work directly with our children must undergo an application and screening process that includes background checks. Also, all on-site volunteers must be at least 19-years-old. Please contact our Manager of Volunteer Services at 479.795.2417 ext. 312 or email@example.com to begin the application process:
- Schedule an informational interview with the Manager of Volunteer Services
- Submit an application packet, which includes:
- Personal reference checks
- Child Maltreatment Background Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- Pay $11 for Background Check Fees
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session
* Due to the possibility of conflicts of interest, individuals with open foster homes are not permitted to volunteer at the Children’s Shelter.
* Special Event Volunteers are not required to fill out any paperwork but can only volunteer at fund-raisers and special events that occur off-site.
* Corporate or civic groups please contact Manager of Volunteer Services for special on-site event opportunities.
Questions regarding the volunteer program, please contact our Manager of Volunteer Services at 479.795.2417 ext. 312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.