All volunteers who work directly with our children must undergo an application and screening process that includes background checks. Also, all on-site volunteers must be at least 19 years old. Please contact our Manager of Volunteer Services at 479.795.2417 ext. 315 or firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Here’s the process:
- Schedule an informational interview with the Manager of Volunteer Services
- Submit an application packet, which includes:
- Personal reference checks
- Child Maltreatment Background Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- Pay $11 for Background Check Fees
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session
Due to the possibility of conflicts of interest, individuals with open foster homes are not permitted to volunteer at the Children’s Shelter.
Special Event Volunteers are not required to fill out any paperwork but can only volunteer at fund-raisers and special events that occur off-site.
Corporate or civic groups please contact Manager of Volunteer Services for special on-site event opportunities.
If you are interested in volunteering at NWA Children’s Shelter or have questions regarding the volunteer program, please contact our Manager of Volunteer Services at 479.795.2417 ext. 315 or email@example.com.