Providing hope, every day, to the most vulnerable children in our community
The Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter is a private, non-profit organization that provides 24-hour residential, emergency triage care for children throughout Arkansas who are victims of abandonment, abuse or neglect. Our mission is to provide these children in crisis with a safe haven, high-quality care and hope for the future. The programs we employ to achieve our mission are:
- Emergency Care/Case Management Program
- On-Site School and Summer Learning Program
- Sophia Scott Expanding Horizons (Activities) Program
- Nutrition Program
Our programs collectively meet the child’s immediate needs of food, shelter and safety and also provide lasting benefits through self-esteem building, education and hope.
Now Offering Foster Parent Training for families in Northwest Arkansas!
The Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter is eager to support foster families throughout our area. In fact, many of these families now care for and support the children we’ve come to know personally. The NWACS aims to support foster families by providing the following:
- Trauma-informed trainings at no cost
- Trainings in a variety of locations in Benton, Carroll, Madison and Washington counties
- Snacks and drinks (and meals when possible) to ensure a comfortable experience
- Certificates of completion to foster parents for continuing education credits
- Availability for contact after the date of the training for additional support and transfer of learning
The NWACS wants to ensure that families feel equipped to understand and meet the needs of children and adolescents who have experienced maltreatment, multiple placements and early trauma. Click here for more information about foster parent training provided by the Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter.