Volunteers Bring Heart to our Misson.
We wouldn’t succeed without our amazing volunteers – it’s just that simple. Corporate volunteers do everything from organizing our warehouse, changing the oil in our vans and decorating the shelter for holidays to playing kickball, basketball or arts and crafts with the kids.
Our individual volunteers play peek-a-boo with our toddlers, tutor our middle school students and teach important life skills to our teens. Our volunteers provide hope for the future by giving of their time and their hearts to the children who need them most.
The Children’s Shelter is always in need of committed, caring and compassionate volunteers to work directly with the children in our care at the Emergency Shelter and On-Site School. We are also seeking regular volunteers to assist at The Shelter Shop. Opportunities include: accepting and processing donations, prepping items for the sales floor, assisting customers with purchases and organizing shelves and clothing racks.
The Children’s Shelter offers a variety of service projects that can be achieved by an individual or group in all areas of The Children’s Shelter.
“It is an investment in the children who will one day be the adults of our community. They need somewhere safe and need to know that they have a choice in their own destiny.”Melissa, Volunteer
“The Shelter is a presence, resource and influence to the most vulnerable in our society. These kids are victims of circumstance and find themselves in situations beyond their control. They need care and advocates so they know they are valued.”Brian, Volunteer
All volunteers who work directly with our children must undergo an application and screening process that includes background checks. Also, all on-site volunteers must be at least 19 years old. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 479.795.2417 or email@example.com to begin the application process:
- Schedule an informational interview with the Manager of Volunteer Services
- Submit an application packet, which includes:
- Personal reference checks
- Child Maltreatment Background Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Signed confidentiality agreement
- $11 fee for background checks
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session
* Due to the possibility of conflicts of interest, individuals with open foster homes are not permitted to volunteer at the Children’s Shelter.
* Special Event Volunteers are not required to fill out any paperwork but can only volunteer at fundraisers and special events that occur off-site.
* Corporate groups please contact Raegin Callaway for special on-site event opportunities – firstname.lastname@example.org or 479.795.2417 ext 310.
To sign up for volunteer opportunities at The Shelter Shop, click on the links below. If you are interested in bringing a volunteer group of 5 people or more to The Shelter Shop, please email Brandon at email@example.com.